What you can expect from us
As part of your Support we will:
- At your first meeting we will complete an individual needs and risk assessment. As part of your risk assessment we will ask you to identify any risks that you think you may pose to yourself, other residents or staff; this will be reviewed during your support sessions – we may also ask other agencies to be included as part of risk management.
- You will be contacted by your support worker to arrange your support sessions and discuss your individual support needs in more detail.
- Complete your needs assessment form and your support plan within the first 4 weeks of your sign up.
- Review your risk assessment and support plan every 12 weeks – or before if your circumstances change. At this review you or your Support Worker can ask for other agencies to attend.
- Provide weekly meetings with your Support Worker at a time suitable for you both.
Your support worker will
- Be polite and helpful
- Have access to accurate information to assist you or let you know who can help you
- Be willing to listen
- Respond sensitively to your needs
- Wear identity badges/carry identity cards when outside the office
- Respect confidentiality and give you access to a confidential environment
Your support contract – What we can expect from you
As part of your Support Contract, we expect you to:
- Sign up to your needs assessment and support plan. We expect you to positively engage in the support we provide; this means setting up and agreeing to basic outcomes to be achieved during your stay and then working with your support worker to enable you to achieve those outcomes.
- Attend weekly support meetings as arranged by your support worker – if you need to cancel and re-arrange your support meeting you must contact your support worker or the main office giving us good notice.
- Persistent failure to engage in support sessions could result in you having to leave the property.
- Pay your weekly service charge – this covers both your support and costs of utilities for your own room (lighting, heating etc). Refusal to pay may result in you having to leave the property.
- Keep to the terms of your licence Agreement.
- Respect your neighbours, other residents and the property.