At Prospect Housing, we are committed to maintaining the trust of our customers, licencees, staff and volunteers and job applicants. We want you to be confident that we are handling your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We are registered as the data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under ZA479308
What personal data do we collect and why?
We may collect your personal data and / or special category personal data from you. This means any information that can directly or indirectly identify you. Special category personal data includes any information about your biometrics, ethnic or racial origin, genetics, health, political opinions, religion, sex life, and sexual orientation.
Details of the types and purpose of the personal data we collect is attached to this notice.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data in certain circumstances with one or more of the following: the Regulator of Social Housing, utility providers, DBS check providers, educational and training organisations, external auditors, external service providers, financial organisations, health and social welfare organisations, insurance companies, local and national government bodies, other employers regarding job references, other housing associations or landlords, pension providers, prison service, regulatory authorities, research organisations, solicitors, the media, trade unions, and where required by law, with other bodies such as the courts and the police
How long will we keep your personal data?
We may keep your personal data for no longer than necessary in order to provide our Services to you and to fulfil legal, contractual and regulatory requirements. We will always comply with legislation and commissioner guidance in relation to the length of time we store information
What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
You have rights, subject to exemptions, under the DPA and GDPR:
- to be informed via this Privacy Notice about our collection and use of your personal data;
- to withdraw your consent at any time, where we are relying on your consent as a basis and / or condition for processing;
- to make a subject access request for a copy of your personal data;
- to request that we correct your personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- to request that we erase your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
- to request a restriction is placed on further processing where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data;
- to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- to object to the processing of your personal data;
- to not be subject to automated decision-making including profiling; and
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Officeby writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or email@example.com.
You may be able to exercise these rights on behalf of other individuals with their express permission.
However, information about a deceased person does not constitute personal data and is not subject to the DPA and GDPR. Therefore, we are not obliged, and we will not respond to, requests under the DPA and GDPR in respect of the information of deceased individuals (regardless of your relationship to them) as a matter of course.
How can you contact us about your personal data?
You have the right to access any personal information we hold about you. There is a formal process for this known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). If you would like to make a SAR, please send a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a letter to our registered office address above. We may require some proof of identity from you before releasing information.
From 25th May 2018, we are required to provide this information within one month of receiving your request and will not normally make a charge for this service. However, we may make a charge where we consider the amount of information you have requested to be complex or if you make numerous requests, and we may then take up to three months to fulfil your request
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle, or you would like to exercise your other rights in respect of, your personal data, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer,
Prospect Housing Limited,
21 Institute Road,
Birmingham. B14 7EG.
Or email: email@example.com
Updating this notice
This privacy notice was last updated in September 2019 and will be reviewed annually or sooner if required.